*****Security Clearance preferred or must be clearable*****
ArdentMC is aggressively seeking a Senior GIS Developer/Administrator to support multiple Federal Government contracts, particularly focused around supporting the Department of Homeland Security mission. This role will provide front-end design, development, and planning with particular emphasis on systems that leverage Homeland Security and Open Source Intelligence data sets. The candidate should be a self-starter, motivated, able to manage multiple priorities and tasks in a dynamic environment with a good understanding of software development standards and best practices. The candidate should have demonstrable creative problem solving skills.
Skills MUST have: .NET Technology Suite, Map/Web Services, GIS/Geospatial processing tasks, DB Programming & GUI, Server Security (proxy, user/access)
Skills nice to have: Python, Agile experience, WCF Vanilla and Rest services, Silverlight/WPF
• Design and implement solutions using Esri’s ArcGIS suite: ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Desktop, and ArcGIS Portal. These products often comprise the typical core client geospatial framework and expertise is preferred
• Conduct all pertinent design, documentation, testing, development and technical knowledge transfer on a routine basis
• Work closely with Project Managers, Government clients, and other contractors to analyze problems, define requirements, and develop solutions. You would not be “another engineer” on the team, but often directly interfacing with customers or other contractor personnel where you’d be the subject matter expert and asked to provide guidance and analytical thought.
• Support ArdentMC development teams with web and desktop based applications/services following design specifications provided by ArdentMC Architects
• Manage GIS server environments (test/dev as well as Government production systems)
• Publish/Consume map services (REST, WMS, GeoRSS, KML/KMZ, etc)
• Ingesting, Parsing and Publishing Data (e.g. handling various data feed types)
• Maintain hosted data
• Manage software inventory
• Front end GUI Design/development and manage relational database roles/permissions (GUI and DB)
• Develop and administer geoprocessing tasks (e.g. Selecting data, Buffer, Routing, Geocoding, etc.)
• Lead production deployment of software to ensure successful transition to operations and maintenance
• Participate in daily meetings and other Agile processes to ensure quality rapid capability delivery
ArdentMC GIS Personnel bring a minimum of three years of experience with industry leading GIS server/software and bring an understanding of database environments with respect to application integration with GIS (ESRI, Bing, Google) and database (SQL Server, Oracle) platforms. GIS personnel are involved in developing new and maintaining existing web/map services, supporting developers with code deployments, performance analysis, writing technical documentation, code refactoring, and operating in source control/configuration control environments. Strong written skills are required – architecture diagrams as well as system documentation. ArdentMC utilizes the Agile method of Project Management and Software Development, knowledge of these methodologies is preferred.
• U. S. Citizenship and the ability and willingness to obtain/maintain a security clearance
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Understanding of the ESRI ArcGIS Suite of products
• Familiarity with basic User Interface and User Experience principles
• Understanding of web standards and web services
• Ability to gather, define, and document requirements in highly dynamic environments
• Ability to effectively schedule and manage interdependent tasks and people
• Ability to work effectively in a distributed team environment across multiple Government contracts/contractors
• Ability to prioritize, plan and organize activities and develop realistic action plans and schedules.
• Demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness, and ensures quality.
• Good communication skills both written and oral
• Ability to work with Business Analysts and Project Managers to turn requirements into production quality software components within a fixed period of time
• Ability to operate with little supervision, and operate autonomously
The GIS Emphasis of this position reflects client engagements that support ArdentMC Geospatial Practice Area. The above recommended qualifications should be augmented with some of the following experience(s):
• Knowledge of industry leading GIS technologies (ESRI, Google, Bing, etc…)
• Experience developing service-based software endpoints that can be utilized within a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
• Knowledge of geospatial and mapping concepts such as spatial analysis, map projections, location based services or similar
• Experience with current technology implementation patterns, including SOA, web services, and cloud technology
• Experience with IT security concepts such as SSL/TLS, tokens, and PKI
• Experience developing with Microsoft technologies with focus on .NET (Visual Studio, SQL Server, WCF Services, C#)
• Microsoft Certified Programmer qualifications
ArdentMC is a fast growing and agile technology firm focused on producing highly innovative solutions that support the federal government. Our Maui software development center represents a collection of highly skilled information technology professionals developing applications that enhance homeland security, equip our soldiers around the world, and provide situational awareness to agencies operating in a constantly evolving threat environment. ArdentMC values our employees, and offers a generous relocation package matched with a full suite of employee benefits that include competitive salaries, 401K matching, three weeks of paid annual leave, tuition reimbursement.
To Apply for this position visit website at www.ardentmc.com