Ocean Associates Inc. is seeking a candidate who will provide professional GIS support to the National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) Pacific Islands Fisheries Science Center (PIFSC) to support marine aquaculture siting and suitability assessments in American Samoa, Guam, and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI).
The candidate shall identify, locate, document (metadata), georeference, collect/compile (if necessary), and occasionally create synthesized data that will contribute to preliminary siting and suitability assessments for marine aquaculture operations in American Samoa, Guam, and CNMI. The consultant will format and either load the data and metadata into an existing geodatabase, or create links to data that are provided by other geodata services. This geodatabase will contain political, socio-economic, biological, geological, oceanographic, human use, and legal information, and be accessible via the world-wide web (WWW) to decision-makers, regulators, researchers, entrepreneurs, and the public. It will enable users to display, query, and download relevant data by topic and by area.
· Compile, format, and convert the data into a common geographic reference system.
· Document the data (create metadata using FGDC or ISO standards).
· Create links to the PacIOOS data services and work with PacIOOS to ensure data compatibility with the PIFSC data service.
· Coordinate with aquaculture program members to obtain information for display on the data portal
· Ensure that the web data services can ingest the data.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please email your resume to
Jobs *at* OceanAssoc.com
- Use “5048 Aquaculture Geodatabase” as the subject line.
- Include your name in the document file name.
- PDF format is preferred.
Click here for more information: