Coastal Zone Management Coordinator
The Baldwin Group, Inc. (TBG) is looking for a motivated individual to serve as a Coastal Zone Management Coordinator for the NOAA Pacific Services Center (PSC) and the Office of Coastal and Ocean Resources Management (OCRM) in Honolulu, Hawaii. This position will be responsible for supporting a variety of coastal management issues and provide expertise in coastal risk management and hazards mitigation. PSC and OCRM are part of NOAA’s National Ocean Service (NOS) serving the needs of the coastal management community in Hawaii and the US Pacific Territories.
• Support Hawaii Ocean Resources Management Plan (ORMP) Working Group
• Participate in Pacific Risk Management O’hana (PRiMO) annual meeting and Hui work to include connections between ORMP, State and County work relevant to the Coastal Zone Management Program and PRiMO initiatives
• Serve as primary liaison with Hawaii State Coastal Management Program, and monitor and assess program implementation
• Provide coastal community resilience technical support
• Support Pacific geospatial services team in scoping and coordinate development of coastal hazards related tools, products, and services
• Support development of the Digital Coast partnership in the Pacific.
• Masters degree and three years experience or equivalent work experience
• Experience working on coastal management issues at the local or state level
• Experience with coastal hazards planning and mitigation
• Familiarity with geospatial technologies highly desired
• Motivated, self starter who is comfortable working on their own
• Team player with excellent interpersonal and communications skills
To apply: send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org