The Louis Berger Group Inc. is seeking a GIS analyst
Duration: Immediate start to July 2015. Potential extension.
Must have or be able to obtain a secret security clearance.
Minimum 3 years relevant experience required.
Bachelor’s degree Geography or related study preferred, (or six years of similar work experience within the US Military with honorable discharge.
Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with professional organization.
Local Candidates highly preferred.
Experience working with US Military, or engineering firm highly desired.
• The following experience, skills and proficiencies are required:
- Proficiency with ESRI software.
- Topological Concepts and Applications
- Ortho Imagery.
- Coordination of Geometry COGO using ESRI products.
- Geo-referencing records products.
- CAMA systems.
- Python Scripting.
- Communicating complex GIS concepts to entry level users.
- Using GPS systems.
- Using GIS for Cadastral Mapping.
- Proficiency with ArcGIS software (9.3 and 10.1) for developing GIS databases.
- Spatial Data Standards for Facilities, Infrastructure, and Environment.
- Object Oriented programming.
- Data models and structure.
- Assist and support MFP DPRI in manipulating and analyzing GIS data assurance in use of topology rules and attributes, format manipulation, geo-referencing.
- Compile, attribute, edit, and maintain GIS data in geographic and operational databases and their associated documentation.
- Develop and utilize queries and other GIS tools to quality control and analyze spatial data, assist in decision-making, generate map products, and to ensure data quality.
- Research and implement database processes to integrate complex geospatial databases from sources.
- Communicate issues and errors to constituents in meaningful ways to correct and enhance data quality, this includes technical support and training of entry level GIS users.
- Responsible for responding to technical questions from GIS users and resolve problems; refers and discusses complex problems with supervisor or other designated contacts as appropriate.
- Ensure that GIS data and data processing procedures adhere to standards, policies, and other guidelines.
Contact for more information:
Chris Sutton (Christofersutton@gmail.com).