We have an excellent opportunity for a GIS Specialist in our Honolulu, HI office. Selected candidate will assist the client in the development of GIS data and its integration into an Asset Management System; Interpret drainage plans and right of way documents to ensure quality data capture; perform field verification of drainage structure location and connectivity; and perform related and other work as required.
- Demonstrated experience using ESRI ArcGIS Version 10 or greater to develop, edit, and maintain spatial data;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including strong verbal and written communication;
- Experience with Microsoft Office Applications - Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat;
- Ability to work both independently and on team assignments;
- Strong technical aptitude, including the ability to quickly and efficiently learn applications, systems, policies and procedures;
- Able to work in the field under hot, humid, and stormy conditions and be able to lift heavy objects (approx. 50 lbs);
- Valid Hawaii Driver’s License.
Candidate should be currently enrolled or a recent graduate in an accredited B.S. or B.A. program in Geography, Engineering or Environmental Sciences.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package.