Mid-Level GIS Analyst/Specialist
Full time GIS (ESRI ArcGIS) support to Marine Corps Base Hawaii Logistics, Planning and Facilities Dept.
Marine Corps Base Hawaii Kaneohe Bay – Oahu, HI
- Create, maintain and QA/QC data in Versioned Enterprise Geodatabase (Oracle).
- Translate CAD, GPS, Engineering Designs, Technical Drawings accurately into GIS.
- Georeference digital (AutoCAD) and scanned engineering/technical drawings.
- Collect and Post-Process Mapping Grade GPS data (Trimble).
- Interpret Engineering/Technical Plan Drawings and As-Builts.
- Create print and digital map products with attention to design principles and cartographic standards.
- Work with end-users to determine GIS needs.
- Deliver data sets & metadata to end-users.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Experience working within the GeoFidelis Data Model, or other SDSFIE and DOD compliant geospatial data model.
- Experience working with geometric networks for utilities (Water, Sewer, Storm, Electric).
- Experience developing and implementing QA/QC workflows using ArcGIS Data Reviewer.
- Experience developing custom tools using Python or ModelBuilder.
- Working knowledge of AutoCad and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Relevant project experience in Hawaii.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geography, GIS, Cartography, Computer Science, Environmental Science or related discipline.
- GIS Professional (GISP) Certification or ESRI Certification.
- At least 4-6 years of experience in GIS with cartographic, analyst, editor, database or similar duties.
- Experience with GPS data collection process; field data collection methods, survey techniques and knowledge of accuracy standards.
- Experience with data management, technical writing, and geodatabases.
- Proficient user of ESRI’s ArcGIS software suite.
- Experience with image processing and raster analysis.
- Experience with project management and training and providing technical direction to less experienced personnel.
- Detail oriented with an eye towards quality.
- Experience with GIS data and CAD data integration.
- Experience developing and working with relational and spatial databases.
- Shall be able to perform fieldwork in tropical environments and travel via military transportation.
- Experience developing maps for visualization and analysis.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with MS office products.