Supervises and/or performs the research, analyses, and design of thematic maps and applications and the design and maintenance of Geographic Information System (GIS) database including the coordination of interdepartmental GIS related matters; and performs other related duties as required.
Link to County HR:
- Supervises and manages data entry projects to produce thematic maps and reports using a GIS.
- Supervises and manages the design of the thematic map data and applications using GIS software.
- Coordinates meetings with departmental representatives to determine their needs and to develop GIS goals.
- Researches, analyzes, and designs GIS projects; develops, tests, and implements GIS systems and applications.
- Coordinates the exchange of data between various GIS systems among County departments, other government agencies, and private organizations.
- Determines appropriate security systems.
- Manages aerial photograph and remote sensing projects.
- Analyzes and interprets all types of media, photographs, and other maps to delineate elevations, land use, and geographic boundaries; investigates and verifies geographic and land use data by making physical inspections.
- Designs and develops programs to produce custom thematic map data and reports.
- Develops workflow systems to ensure efficient and timely updating.
- Manages datum and projections to ensure proper overlay of data sets; converts projections as necessary.
- Develops metadata format.
- Develops and recommends short term and long range GIS plans.
- Determines budgetary needs; participates in the preparation of the GIS systems budget.
- Directs, supervises, trains, and evaluates the work of assigned subordinates; instructs subordinates and provides advice on methodology.
- Manages, supports, and troubleshoots GIS systems; provides advice and assistance on GIS systems matters.
- Develops training materials and programs; conducts GIS training.
- Performs other related duties as required.